Monday, July 25, 2011

Yeay for Reds!

This dress/blouse was made based on Nani Iro's pattern and it was my first attempt at square neckline. I have to admit that it was quite difficult to get the neckline right and it took me a whole load of ripping to get it done perfectly. The pattern is in Japanese so it was not much of a help. So I just figure things out myself and went along with it.

And this is the result. I absolutely love it! I wasn't too confident with the fit while cutting the pattern. It looked very small. But somehow it just worked when it was all pieced together.



The back closure. I use a cute star button given by my niece all the way from Aussie. Thanks Mayam!

Note to self for next time:
  1. Lengthen the skirt. Nuha wears it as a blouse rather than a dress.
  2. Try fully lined yoke, rather than half lined (which i think makes it more difficult to sew)

Yeay for reds!!!!

Nuha supporting Ayah's fav team...


No comments:

Post a Comment