Monday, May 16, 2011

What's on my hook??

A few months back I started learning crochet. And since then I'm hooked..haha...I got my crochet starter kit (all the way from Sydney,thanks Mayam) and a few ball of yarns. My first attempt was to crochet a flower...This is the result


Not bad for a first attempt huh? Then I thought why not make a headband with it? So this is the final result. I did not manage to take pictures of it on my the little miss as she refused to wear it. sob sob.I should have known better not to make any hair accessories as she hates wearing anything on her head (even hats!)

After a successful first project, I thought why not start a 'bigger' project? So I decided to make a granny square blanket. This blanket was meant as a gift for my SIL who at the time I started this was still pregnant...but since the baby gender is still unknown I selected a gender neutral colour. 
Then, I got bored..huhu...It was lying in the 'unfinished project' until my SIL delivered a healthy baby girl last month...Haha...maybe I should not have attempted such a big project just yet...Since I did make a pledge to myself to give my SIL a handmade gift, and was too lazy to finish the crocheted blanket, I decided to start on something simpler, but still with some crochet elements.

So enter the crocheted edge blanket...

I use this pink cotton flannel I found at my local fabric shop. And the backing was a pink circle motif cotton that I already have in my stash. I use Nuha's baby blanket for the sizing guide. I found a fantastic tutorial here http://yougogirl.typepad.com/you_go_girl/ to make the crocheted edge.


I'm very happy with the result and I'm certainly going to make more of these. The crochet edge certainly add a little something special to a plain baby blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment